Psychiatrist - Child
Company: Riverbend Community Mental Health, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Child PsychiatristRiverbend Community Mental Health, Inc., one
of the largest providers of community-based behavioral health
services in New Hampshire, is seeking a part-time to full-time
(32-40 hours per week) Child Psychiatrist to join our provider
team. The Child Psychiatrist provides direct care to assigned
patients, as well as providing clinical consultation and
supervision to members of the interdisciplinary treatment team. The
Child Psychiatrist also participates in client treatment and
program service planning.Responsibilities:
- Conduct comprehensive psychiatric evaluations, make clinical
formulations and diagnoses.
- Conduct assessments which reflect an understanding of relevant
developmental, cultural and family system issues, as well as having
diagnoses that are consistent with DSM-V criteria.
- Utilize assessments in the development of treatment planning,
including psychopharmacological treatment.
- Provide clinical formulations which are accurate,
well-conceptualized, clear, concise and supported by
- Review and authorize treatment/service plans with client and
family driven goals and objectives which reflect medical necessity,
client strengths, symptoms and functional impairments.
- Ensure treatment provided is consistent with the client's
individual needs, treatment plan, and generally accepted standards
of care or evidence-based practices.
- Develop disposition plans reflecting medical necessity, client
strengths, symptoms and functional impairments.
- Consult with other staff and care providers, family and
significant others, and community providers as needed, with client
consent via a release of information.
- Engages clients and develops effective therapeutic
- Work collaboratively with Psychiatrists, APRNs, and other staff
at all programs.
- Participate in educational activities to advance professional
- Utilize electronic health record (EHR) of the agency to
document client information, referrals or other relevant
information as required.
- Adhere to all compliance procedures relevant to protected
health information (PHI) and HIPAA regulations.
- Maintain communication flow in relevant e-mail systems
including a response time within 2 business days generally. Urgent
e-mail should be responded to as soon as possible.
- Participate in weekly, monthly, or quarterly team meetings as
- Participate in Physician of the Day rotation to provide
consultation to staff in urgent situations.
- Participate in an on-call rotation at Concord Hospital for
psychiatric coverage (paid at an additional rate)Requirements:
- Medical degree (MD or DO) is required
- NH medical license, or ability to be licensed in NH, is
- Board certification in Child Psychiatry is required
- Valid DEA certificate with prescriptive authority is
- Valid driver's license and personal vehicle or access to a
reasonable alternative is required
- Experience working in a community mental health setting is
- Experience treating patients with diverse clinical profiles and
clinical co-morbidities is preferred.
- Experience with electronic health records is preferred.About
Founded in 1963, Riverbend Community Mental Health is a private,
nonprofit organization providing specialized behavioral health
services in central New Hampshire. Core services include 24/7
emergency mobile crisis services; counseling services for children,
adults, and families; addiction treatment; and community support,
vocational services, and residential programs for adults and
seniors. Evidence-based models of treatment guide all of our work,
and we strongly believe in the power of self-directed growth and
About working at RiverbendThis can be a full or part-time position
with a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package
- Medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurance
- 403(b) with company match
- Tax-free flexible spending accounts for day care or medical
- Paid liability insurance
- 5 CME days per year
- An allotment of funds for professional expenses
- 4 weeks of earned time in first year, higher accrual after year
- 8 holidays per yearYou'll be joining a team of focused,
hard-working, creative people who are passionate about delivering
high quality behavioral health services, developing innovative
responses to meet critical needs, and doing work that is both
challenging and rewarding. Riverbend is an equal opportunity
employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive working
environment for people of all backgrounds.COVID-19 ConsiderationsAs
the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact the world, it is our
responsibility as healthcare providers to help keep our staff,
clients and communities safe. At Riverbend, we have implemented
processes and precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 as
well as a mandatory vaccination policy. Exceptions can be applied
for under medical or religious reasons. Additionally, weekly
testing will be required for anyone who is in progress of the
vaccine series or individuals with approved exceptions.
About Concord New Hampshire
Concord New Hampshire is ranked one of the nation's top
metropolitan (population under 50,000) communities, year after
year. Our excellent schools and colleges produce a well-educated
workforce, and we are proud to be home to one of the finest health
care networks north of Boston (about 1.5 hours south). In addition
to our vibrant downtown, business community, and wealth of cultural
offerings, the Concord area is the perfect place to raise a family,
grow a business, or explore New England's rich history, culture,
and natural wonders.
Keywords: Riverbend Community Mental Health, Inc., Concord , Psychiatrist - Child, Healthcare , Concord, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!