Administrative Support Assistant
Company: Department Of Agriculture
Posted on: May 3, 2021
In this position you will serve as Administrative Support
Assistant with responsibility for performing and conducting a
variety of support work in the areas of procurement and supply,
data processing, property, time and travel, personnel support
duties, and program record-keeping.
Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At
developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited
scope, performed with less independence and limited
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as timekeeper for Time and Attendance processing, in
accordance with appropriate system (i.e., WebTA) policies and
- Assists employees in the use of the travel system.
- Assists the office/program unit in responding to common Freedom
of Information Act (FOIA) requests and Department or Agency data
calls, and assists the public.
- Maintains a current inventory of property assigned to the
office/program unit. Ensures that transfers, disposals, and other
property transactions are properly conducted and documented.
- Maintains employee performance documents for the office/program
- Processes awards, maintains awards database, and ensures proper
routing of awards for the office/program unit.
- Maintains administrative and program files in accordance with
Federal records management policies, procedures, schedules and
guidelines, APHIS policies, and the WS File Plan.
- Responds to routine correspondence on own initiative. Reviews
and edits correspondence for grammatical correctness, typographical
accuracy, and/or spelling.
- Performs other related administrative duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service
registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background
investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees
are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to
their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check.
To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
responsibilities, visit E-Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/
- Successful completion of one-year trial period.
- Testing Designated Position: Selectee must submit to a
urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment and
random testing thereafter. Final appointment and continued
employment is conditional on negative results for illegal drug
- Valid state driver's license is required at the time of
- Extended travel or temporary duty may be required of the
position. This may involve irregular working hours, including
- Must possess and maintain a valid State-issued driver's license
in order to operate a Government-owned or leased vehicle.
- The incumbent works in an office setting involving everyday
risks or discomforts.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility
requirements by the closing date of the announcement, including
specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
FOR THE GS-06 LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of
specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-05 level) that may
have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state,
Federal) sectors which demonstrates:
- Experience maintaining the filing system, both physical and
electronic for an entire office/program.
- Experience organizing, reviewing, error checking, querying,
analyzing and reporting findings from financial systems and
- Experience working with agreements, including initiating
agreements, cooperator contact, and reporting.
- Experience scheduling and organizing planning meetings for
small and large groups and managing the various needs of the
Note: There is no education substitution for this grade
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace
Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional,
philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide
valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid
employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience,
including volunteer experience.
This position does not have an education qualification
Keywords: Department Of Agriculture, Concord , Administrative Support Assistant, Other , Concord, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!