Company: Bangor Savings Bank
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Management Trainee Program
Program Trainees receive pay & benefits and are confirmed
Training Duration: 1.) Bank-wide (6 months *Bangor-based
rotations) 2.) Training Track (6 months) 3.) Experience
Professional (3 months)
- Commercial/Credit - Commercial Credit Analyst
- Retail Operations - Assistant Branch Manager
Collaboration. Leadership. Coachability. Integrity.
Critical Thinking. Intracultural Fluency. Community
Ideal for developing Banking career
Hiring Timeline: (Apply for positions at Bangor.com/careers)
Apply: Jan - March Interview: March Offers: April 10th Start:
Bangor Savings Bank | You matter more.
Full Job Description:
Bangor Savings Bank
Position: Management Trainee
Department: Employee Development
Trainees must have the desire and ability to relocate based on
company business needs at the completion of the training
FUNCTION: The Management Trainee Program is 12-18 months of
challenging curriculum designed to prepare participants for a
successful career in Retail Operations and Management. The first 8
months provides hands-on learning experiences in business area
rotations throughout the bank including Operations, Risk,
Technology, Marketing & Community Relations, Merchant Services,
Payroll, TPS, Mortgage, Commercial Lending, Wealth Management,
Product Development, Human Resources and Bangor Support. The
remaining months will be spent on training in retail service and
operations, product sales and management training working in the
field directly with customers.
Working under the direction and guidelines established by the
Manager - Talent & Diversity, the Management Trainee Cohort will be
responsible for successfully completing an intensive program
designed to accelerate the development of bankers with leadership
and retail operations to remain true to the Bank's mission and
deliver on our You Matter More promise to help our employees,
customers and communities prosper.
The program will include mentor relationships, leadership and
management skills classes, community involvement, and projects and
special assignments. Participants will graduate from the program as
well-rounded, knowledgeable bankers, strong future leaders and be
ready and competent to be an Assistant Branch Manager, Relationship
Manager, Operations Supervisor or Branch Manager.
- Become an experienced, knowledgeable banker with a
comprehensive understanding of the culture, values and operations
of Bangor Savings Bank.
- Identify and lead community involvement and service
- Actively develop and demonstrate self-awareness, agility,
collaboration, creative problem solving, empathy, innovation,
critical thinking, communication, intercultural, resilience and
- Participate in, contribute to and complete project work and
additional assignments that deliver significant impact and
- Engage fully in each internal business area rotation including
learning and performing key jobs and tasks. Create exceptional
internal and external customer experiences in all interactions.
Participate in meetings, trainings and mentoring/coaching
opportunities. Identify opportunities for bank improvement, foster
teamwork, and build strong relationships with other BSB
- Be an integral part of a high-performing, collaborative,
cohesive Cohort - exhibit both leadership and supportive
- Develop the technical skills and knowledge required to
successfully transition into a Retail Manager or Operations
Supervisor at the end of the program through job projects,
management training, readings, and business area rotations.
- Develop and put into practice leadership and management skills
throughout the program, actively participating in and contributing
to Leadership & Management classes and activities
- Contribute to a dedicated and productive mentor relationship
with a designated senior manager
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing
upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a
commitment to teamwork
- Works to continue professional development through maintaining
a positive team environment with all levels of staff and
management. Be inquisitive.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance and other
professional behavior and conduct as outlined in the BSB Employee
- Performs additional duties as requested
- Adaptability/Flexibility - adapts to change, is open to new
ideas, and takes on new challenges.
- Teamwork- promotes a team atmosphere, selflessly pitches in,
shares information, partners well with others.
- Initiative - takes action, operates as a pro-active
self-starter, acts on opportunities to improve.
- Integrity/Ethics/Judgment - deals with others in a
straightforward, honest manner, is accountable for actions,
maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys
news good or bad.
- Interpersonal Skills - has good listening and communication
- Productivity - manages time well, handles information flow
well, accepts accountability, meets accuracy standards.
- Sales & Business Development - has the propensity for and
interest in working within a sales culture and being held
accountable to meeting and exceeding sales goals.
TEAMWORK, KNOWLEDGE/SKILL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree required with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or
- Proven leadership skills as evidenced by extracurricular,
internship, community involvement and/or professional
- High aptitude for creative problem solving and critical
thinking base on previous education, work and volunteer
- Strong communications skills - verbal, written and listening.
Ability to Coach and be coached.
- Ability to work collaboratively & cohesively within teams and
maintain professionalism and dedication to the customer experience
in a dynamic and challenging work environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel
- Ability to work with little supervision and make independent
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and
- Required to attend ongoing training sessions to improve
- Self-starter who displays confidence, initiative, persistence
and professional presence
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, CONDITION REQUIREMENTS, & EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office environment
- Essential functions of the job are performed on Bank
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching,
walking, sitting and standing required
- Must have a valid Maine Driver's License and
External and internal applications, as well as position
incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the
essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the
assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by
management on an individual basis.
Keywords: Bangor Savings Bank, Concord , Management Trainee, Other , Concord, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!