Structural Engineer P.E. (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: September 9, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
This position is based in our Concord, NH office. The Structural
Engineer is responsible for the preparation of design and
construction documents for new structures as well as structural
upgrades to existing facilities of varying size as a part of an
integrated multi-discipline A/E team. The Structural Engineer shall
be proficient in the analysis, design, specification and modeling
of building systems and elements constructed of structural steel,
light gage metal framing, reinforced concrete, and masonry
systems. They must have excellent communication skills while
collaborating effectively and efficiently with the various teams of
engineers and architects on projects all over the country.
The Structural Engineer will work directly with other licensed
engineers and designers in order to design structural systems for
manufacturing, distribution and other industrial and commercial
facilities in the Life Science, Pharma, Food and Beverage
- 5 to 10+ years’ experience with hands on facility structural
engineering design demonstrating an ability to analyze, design, and
model structural building systems, as well as production of
construction documents, specifications, statement of special
inspections, calculation packages, and reports. Must have a
detailed knowledge of Building Codes used in the U.S.A.
- In the case of a Structural E.I.T. applicant, must have
a minimum of 4 years’ experience, taken and passed F.E. exam,
currently registered as an E.I.T. Willing, able, and
qualified to take the P.E. or S.E. exam in the next 6-9
- Create and assemble complete sets of structural construction
documents using Revit.
- Excellent computer skills and working experience with Revit
Structure, AutoCAD, and various Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency using structural analysis software using programs
such as RAM Structural System, RAM Elements, STAAD Pro, and/or RISA
3D is required.
- Experience in the design of facilities for Life Science,
Pharma, and Food and Beverage industries of manufacturing,
distribution, and other industrial and commercial facility design
is highly desired. Large Industrial building design experience will
- Experience sealing construction documents as Engineer of
- Travel: We are licensed for facility engineering across the
United States. Professionals can expect 10 - 15% travel to
project sites and other offices for collaboration, training and
- Relocation: We are looking for Candidates local to the
area. Some relocation assistance is available for the highly
- The Structural Engineer shall work directly with the Structural
Department Manager, other licensed engineers/architects, and
designers to produce a cohesive and coordinated set of construction
documents and project specifications.
- Complete load calculations and analysis with a demonstrated
ability to complete structural system designs, lateral analysis,
member sizing, foundation design, as well as report and
- Analyze existing structures and provide recommendations for
strengthening for new loads where required.
- Review submittals, answer RFI’s, as well as observe and report
on installations of structural systems during construction.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to less-experienced engineers
- Ability to function comfortably, gain trust, con?dence and deal
effectively with a wide range of individuals including consultants,
contractors, clients, code officials and Design Group project team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written
communication skills working within a technical environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design environment effectively
- BS Structural Engineering is required (or Civil Engineering
with a Structural focus) from an ABET accredited university.
- P.E. license is required. (S.E. license or having passed the
S.E. exam is preferred).
- In the case of a Structural E.I.T. applicant. Must have
taken and passed F.E. exam, currently registered as an E.I.T.
Willing, able and qualified to take the P.E. or S.E. exam in the
next 6-9 months.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Concord , Structural Engineer P.E. (Design Group), Other , Concord, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!