Civil Engineer, PE or E.I.T. / Designer (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: September 9, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Position is located in Concord, NH. We are looking for a Civil
designer/E.I.T. with 3+ yrs. experience or soon to be P.E., or
newly licensed Civil Engineer P.E. to work within our project teams
of Registered Architects and other licensed Professional Engineers
supporting conceptual studies, planning efforts, property
evaluations, site works and utility designs, storm water management
solutions, city permitting, project management activities and
management of sub-consultants in multiple states.
- Perform due diligence for site selection and site planning
activities which will include, but is not limited to, preliminary
local zoning and environmental evaluation (endangered species,
critical habitats, wetlands, archaeological/cultural/historic
resources), FAA analysis.
- Assist in site plan design for industrial facility
- Complete hydraulic calculations and analysis and prepare
reports in formats acceptable to the jurisdictional
- Supervise design using analysis software and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Completion of engineering calculations and create design using
AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Create and assemble a complete set of site construction
- Develop specifications on a project specific basis using
company templates, interface with on-site and remote
cross-functional project teams.
- Prepare and administer governmental site plan and environmental
related permit applications through approval, which may include
attending on-site governmental meetings and workshops at local,
county, regional, state, and federal levels anywhere in the United
- Stay up to date and current of all changes in codes and
industry standards both at state and national levels.
- Oversee and administer the activities of other civil
consultants (Geotech, Surveying, etc.)
- Read and evaluate the following:
- Land Surveys and GIS Mapping
- Geotechnical Engineering reports
- Wetland delineation reports
- Traffic studies
- Phase I, II and III environmental assessment reports
- Subsurface location surveys
- Noise and sound studies
- Wildlife/ critical habitat/ archeological/ historic/ and
cultural resource reports
- Help define Site Design Concept documents for projects.
- Perform site and facility condition assessments.
Civil designer with 3+ yrs. experience doing production work
- soon to be eligible and looking to take the Civil P.E. exam, next
6 - 12 MThs OR
Civil Engineer P.E. 4+ yrs. of site design and engineering
- Experience with permitting at the federal, state, regional,
county, and local levels.
- Some experience in industrial site design.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and
ability to interact with our governmental staff, valued team
members and clients.
- Excellent computer skills including AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft
Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Performed field facility condition assessments.
- Completed hydraulic calculations and analysis.
- Supervised design using analysis software and AutoCAD.
- Developed specifications, interface with cross functional
- Inspected installations.
- Proficient at producing construction documents using AutoCAD
- Demonstrated ability to complete site design and report
- Supervisory skills with support and design staff.
- Relocation: We are looking for candidates local to the
area. For highly qualified applicants outside of the local
area relocation assistance is available.
- Travel: 15%. Willing and able to travel as necessary for
project requirements to include but not be limited to project
installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company
sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums,
or conventions, etc.
- BS Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
Licenses and certifications:
- P.E. licensure is highly desired, but in the case of a Civil
designer/ Civil E.I.T., desire and ability to obtain future P.E.
licensure is required.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Concord , Civil Engineer, PE or E.I.T. / Designer (Design Group), Other , Concord, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!