Associate Director of Advancement Communications
Company: St. Paul's School
Posted on: October 12, 2021
Associate Director, Advancement
Exempt, full-time, full-year staff position
Reports to: Director of
Summary: The associate director of
advancement communications will help develop and lead the execution
of a comprehensive communications strategy designed to promote and
foster high-quality, lifelong, and meaningful engagement between
St. Paul’s School and its alumni and parents. The person in this
role will be well-versed in creating and managing multichannel,
audience-segmented campaigns and communications pieces that speak
directly and authentically to the School’s alumni and parent
bodies. The associate director will partner closely with colleagues
in the Communications and Advancement offices, as well as multiple
departments across campus, to grow and sustain a culture of giving
and active engagement among alumni and parents. This person will
serve as a vital link between Advancement and Communications,
developing a clear and responsive channel of communications and
effectively managing a deadline-driven strategy in support of
annual and capital fundraising, leadership giving, alumni
engagement, and donor stewardship. This role will require an
instinct for what makes a good story; an ability to effectively
manage multiple projects; a passion for delivering high-quality
content; and a sense of joy derived from working with two dynamic
teams toward a common mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include
the following. Others may be assigned at any time at the discretion
of the director of communications.
- Serves as a day-to-day liaison between Communications and
Advancement, developing and executing projects in partnership with
- Internalizes the School’s core mission and values and ensures
that messaging framework is consistently executed in all digital
and print materials for the Advancement Office.
- In parallel, ensures the School’s visual identity is accurately
and consistently represented on all School alumni- and
parent-related channels and provides guidance to SPS Advancement
colleagues in the proper application of the School’s brand.
- Utilizes data, benchmarking, and best practices as foundational
resources in the development of advancement communications
strategies that are targeted by audience or affinity, as defined by
- Develops and executes a creative brief project management
system between Advancement and Communications to ensure clarity of
expectations and timelines for all projects supported by
- Is a source of expertise in the field of advancement
communications and stays current on industry trends and best
practices within the education industry.
- Skillfully writes and edits materials for the Advancement
Office’s audiences, including campaign materials, case statements,
impact pieces and other media, as needed.
- Collaborates closely with director and associate director of
communications on a multichannel storytelling strategy designed to
produce content for multiple purposes and audiences. Develops a
pipeline for this content to be shared between the Communications
and Advancement offices.
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel may be
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within
the St. Paul’s School community. Inclusion, collaboration and
cultural sensitivity are valued competencies. Therefore, we are in
search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a
varied population of internal and external partners at a high level
- 8 or more years of experience in strategic marketing and/or
communications desired. Some amount of experience in independent
school or college/university advancement offices is expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in creative nonfiction writing, journalism,
English, communications, marketing or related field.
- Deft project management expertise, with a demonstrated ability
to manage multiple projects on time, and on mission.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a high degree of emotional
intelligence, and the ability to clearly and persuasively
communicate concepts and ideas.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and executing projects
across all aspects of advancement communications, including
fundraising, stewardship and engagement.
- Experience in capital campaign fundraising is preferred.
- Demonstrated mastery of high-quality, professional-level
concept development, copywriting and editing, including experience
writing, editing, proofreading, and organizing content for print,
websites, and other electronic publications/communications.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines, work under pressure with
composure, and exercise a very high level of attention to
The physical demands described below are representative of
those encountered while performing the essential functions of this
position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform these essential
- The physical demands of this job require frequent standing,
walking, sitting, speaking, and hearing.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust
- The employee must be able to communicate by oral and written
means in an appropriate business manner and have cognitive skills
to understand instructions, readily recall facts and details, and
make effective decisions under pressure.
- Must be able to climb stairs and be capable of using visual
display keyboard with continuous wrist movement on a keyboard
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Work Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Work is performed in a professional environment with a
wide variety of individuals having differing functions,
personalities, and abilities, including working with diverse groups
of people in a variety of work settings
- Work requires being indoors and outside on occasion during all
four seasons of the year
- Normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, regular business
hours. Additional hours may be required, including being available
for emergency communications needs during the evenings or
To receive full consideration, please submit a resume
and cover letter. The position will remain open
until filled. Review of resumes will begin immediately.
Keywords: St. Paul's School, Concord , Associate Director of Advancement Communications, Other , Concord, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!