Senior Data Scientist
Company: ICON Clinical Research
Posted on: November 21, 2022
At ICON, its our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams
enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us
to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients lives.Our Own
It culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as
individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability &
Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be
the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our
clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the
partner of choice in drug development.Thats our vision. Were driven
by it. And we need talented people who share it.If youre as driven
as we are, join us. Youll be working in a dynamic and supportive
environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people
in the sector, and youll be helping shape an industry.Healthcare
Intelligence Experts.Symphony Health, part of the ICON plc family,
comprises curious thinkers and intellectual problem solvers driving
the healthcare data industry forward. We leverage our large,
integrated healthcare data repository and our analytic expertise to
build customized, agile data solutions which answer the questions
our clients -- life science manufacturers, payers, and providers --
have today, as well as those theyll have tomorrow. Together, we can
help patients get the right drugs at the right times.The Senior
Data Scientist will join our Custom & Advanced Analytics team,
which focuses on innovative solutions to healthcare-related
business problems going beyond traditional row-and-column data sets
to include unstructured data and image data. Were looking for a
self-motivated Data Scientist who can independently analyze data
and produce quality presentations based on the resulting predictive
systems for both internal and external clients, while supporting
privacy, driving project implementation, and supporting revenue
- Create project charters involving business problem definition,
business value, performance metrics, success criteria, scope, and
- Coordinate analysis with others.
- Respond to inquiries and follow up on data validations
- Provide recommendations based on the results to facilitate
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (such as customers and
internal IT teams) to understand business needs, ensure data
integrity and flow efficiency, and to create tools for customer
- Provide quality validations and on-going support of client and
- Ensure quality control to evaluate the accuracy of deliverable
and/or project analysis.
- Interpret Third Party reports to the business
- Drive implementations of Privacy redactions with Internal
- Finalize and deliver the results of assigned projects to
internal clientsCore Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with IT group to transform and prepare data for
- Balances the quantity/quality of own work with the business
situation; demonstrates enthusiasm, drive and a sense of urgency
when completing work.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and assessments skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong ability to translate data driving insights into
decisions and actions.
- Strong ability to think strategically and be proactive and
collaborativeWhat do you have?
- Heavy experience in Python, especially with machine learning
toolkits such as scikit-learn, pytorch, and TensorFlow, and Natural
Language Processing toolkits such as NLTK or spaCy.
- Experience in cleaning and transforming data for machine
- 2+ years relevant experience.
- Experience working with Natural Language Processing
- Knowledge of machine learning and predictive modeling.
- Experience using Python.
- Knowledge of database operations such as those found in pandas
and relational database query languages such as SQL.
- Experience in Spark, AWS, Hadoop, or other distributed
- Masters degree or international equivalent in Computer Science,
Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics or similar analytical
- Experience in handling time-series and image data is a
- 3+ years experience in the healthcare industry
preferred*Equivalent combination of education, training, and
relevant experience may be considered in place of the education and
experience stated above. All employees must read, write and speak
fluent English and host country language.*This job description is
intended to present the general content and requirements for the
performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as
an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or
requirements.Benefits of Working in ICON:Our success depends on the
quality of our people. Thats why weve made it a priority to build a
culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.We offer
very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we
regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual
bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals both ours and
yours.We also provide a range of health-related benefits to
employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans
and related benefits such as life assurance so you can save and
plan with confidence for the years ahead.But beyond the competitive
salaries and comprehensive benefits, youll benefit from an
environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of
purpose and drive lasting change.ICON is an equal opportunity and
inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free
of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will
receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.If, because of a
medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order
to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us
know through the form below.
Keywords: ICON Clinical Research, Concord , Senior Data Scientist, Other , Concord, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!