Data Science Leadership Development Program (DSLDP) Sr. Associate Data Scientist
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryData ScienceCompensation OverviewThe annual base
salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market
range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across
the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined
by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and
location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials
and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of
employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits
program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash
incentive awards.Salary Range$104,600.00 - $172,500.00Target
Openings15What Is the Opportunity?Innovative thinking, creative
problem-solving, and a determination to challenge the status-quo.
These are some of the defining qualities for participants of our
Data Science Leadership Development Program (DSLDP). This
three-year rotational program is designed to grow and develop your
data science and self-leadership skills. Each rotation will consist
of a combination of hands-on experience, access to a robust Data
Science curriculum, and a formal mentoring program to prepare you
for a dynamic career. You will have the opportunity to explore
multiple functions of analytics while learning from different
leaders within Travelers. Travelers Data Scientists are taking the
organization to the next level of intelligence by using advanced
statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms. As Sr.
Associate Data Scientist, you will analyze large, complex data
sources to generate actionable insights and solutions that will
enhance our customer experience. You will work with business
partners to develop an understanding of business needs and
opportunities for data analysis and experiments. Leverage your
expanding technical and business knowledge to build models that
solve key business problems.Travelers offers a hybrid work location
model that is designed to support flexibility.Some positions may be
based 100% remotely and may include a combination of mobile work
and/or work from your primary residence.What Will You Do?
- The program is multi-faceted and offers a data science
curriculum focused on analytics, insurance, strategy, leading self
and influencing others. Other program components include formal
mentoring, networking and career guidance.
- DSLDP participant duties will vary based on the specific
rotation. You will:
- Independently perform tasks to support the development of
- Develop domain and business knowledge to build statistical
- Communicate analysis, insights, and results to manager, peers,
and working team.
- Assist or mentor less experienced analytic talent.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Masters in STEM related field or equivalent
- 1 year of related experience
- Moderate working knowledge of modeling/research /analytics or
- Relevant statistical analysis work experience required
- Knowledge of statistical techniques with the ability to read
and revise statistical software programs
- Ability to develop basic models and interpret model
- Basic understanding of advanced statistics underlying data
- Ability to apply emerging statistical procedures to work
- Working knowledge in: Regression, Classification, Machine
Vision, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning and Statistical
- Accountability: Strong track record of taking ownership and
responsibility for actions and outcomes, performance, and
- Analytical and Critical Thinking: Demonstrated aptitude in
identifying current or future problems or opportunities, analyzing
data, synthesizing and comparing information to understand issues,
identifying cause/effect relationships and exploring alternative
solutions to support sound decision making.
- Change Management/Resilience: Ability to remain energized and
focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Customer Focus: Proven customer service skills with the ability
to provide service excellence to internal or external clients.
- Emotional Intelligence: Demonstrated track record of self and
social awareness, empathy and balances confidence with
- Interpersonal: Excellent communication skills with the ability
to actively engage with others while maintaining a positive
- Judgment/Decision Making: Capability of exercising sound
judgment, making decisions and committing to a position.
- Leveraging Differences: Proven capacity to works with and
include people from different backgrounds, experiences, cultures,
races, etc. and view those differences as assets to be leveraged to
accomplish business goals and objectives.
- Relationship Management: Strong relationship management skills
including the ability to seek out, build, foster and maintain
productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and
- Teamwork: Ability to work together in situations when actions
are interdependent, and a team is mutually responsible to produce a
- Work Ethic: Possession of a strong drive to do what it takes to
get the job done; inquisitive and demonstrates a strong willingness
to learn.What is a Must Have?
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Sciences,
Actuarial Science or related analytical STEM field plus one year of
experience or any suitable and equivalent combination of education
and work experience.
- Heavy concentration in mathematics, including statistics and
programming, business intelligence/analytics, as well as data
science tools and research using large data sets. Additional
verification of specific coursework will be required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States now and in the
future.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members
including spouses, domestic partners, and children are eligible for
coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, youre
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences.If you are a candidate and have specific questions
regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an
email (4-ESU@travelers.com) so we may assist you.Travelers reserves
the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level
included in this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive
benefit programs please visit
Keywords: Travelers, Concord , Data Science Leadership Development Program (DSLDP) Sr. Associate Data Scientist, Other , Concord, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!